Monday, April 30, 2007

Photographic infidelity

I've been at it again. If it wasn't enough that I 'cheated' on Ed with my male model husband in a photo shoot a couple of months ago I just succumed to the charms of yet another photographic spouse a few minutes ago here at work. At the request of our photographer I found myself unable to deny the lure of posing on a freshly cleaned carpet, all cosied up with a co-worker all domestic-like to be featured in one of the stories in our national magazine. Even weirder is that my co-worker was posing as himself while I was acting as a stand in for his real wife....I wonder what she will make of being portrayed by person she doesn't know from a bar of soap? (and a very pregnant one at that!)

As for Ed, it seems I have more photographs of me in a blissful domestic state with other men than with him. I kind of like it that way, though I'm sure my step-grandmother would disagree. She is none too happy about my marital status now I'm up the duff and told my mum that she hopes that Ed would "stand by me" in this situation even though we're not married. She also asked me if I would be putting his name on the birth certificate when the baby comes! Maybe I should show her the photos of all my other husbands and tell her I'll put down someone's name when I can manage to work out which one is the father. That'll keep her on her toes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Torshy said...

I think you need to think very carefully about this Kate. My parents weren't married when I was born, and look how I turned out. Living in sin, wearing pants. It's a wonder I've got this far without being dammed to eternal hellfire.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Kate Browne said...

Well exactly torshy, you are a TERRIBLE role model for todays young conservatives, as am I.

Next thing you'll be telling me that you've chosen to remain 'deliberately barren' a la Julia Gillard according to Bill Heffernan. For that you will most certainly rot in hell.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Torshy said...

Oh yes, my barreness (and how I love that word) is completely self-inflicted. I refuse to populate Australia, to be knee deep in nappies and to vote for Howard. Clearly there is some connection there. I bet the moment your daughter is born Howard's policies will all start to make sense...

Is Hefferninny just Hansen in disguise, or it is possible he is some kind of robot?

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home