Thursday, April 26, 2007

When good plans have bad timing


It's always the way. Only recently Ed and I were talking about how in a few years we wouldn't mind relocating to Dubai for work for a little while. Twas all very sketchy and fuzzy but nevertheless it's always fun to have a bit of an overseas escape plan at the ready.

Ed tells a friend that also works in tv about our plan - without skipping a beat the friend replies "Do you want a job now? My company NEEDS someone right away".

I tell a friend at work who offers to put me in touch with her friend who is working there at the moment just so I can find out a little more about it for future reference. Her friends reply "Does she want to come now??? I desperately need a journalist".

How often does that happen in life? (in my industry just about never.)

Hopefully things will stay this peachy jobwise for the next year or two. I really can picture myself running amok in the deserts of the middle east.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home