Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Homemaker

Me on the phone to the bank yesterday applying for a credit card.

Customer service guy: Occupation?
Me: well I'm on maternity leave at the moment but......
Customer service guy interrupting: Okay...so you're a homemaker
Me sounding horrified: No, No I'm a journalist normally it's just that I'm on maternity leave at the moment and....
Customer service guy: So you're current occupation is homemaker (sounds of tapping on a keyboard)
Me: Oh, oh...sigh okay then.
Customer service guy: What colour card do you want, blue, black or pink?
Me: oh I guess pink.

Customer service guy: 1
Me (homemaker): 0

1 Comments:

Blogger Torshy said...

Outrageous! Idiotic! How would he like it if you said his current employer was "phone operator"? Or maybe "paid bloodsucker"?

I hate giving my occupation, it's like being in high school and having to declare that you sit with the nerds, or even worse, by yourself in the library.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home