Monday, June 02, 2008

the difference between men and women

This morning - 8am

Me: bleary eyed, dressed in pj's, hair a mess, clutching Ivy as I watch the telly showing a report on the Australian Premiere of Sex and the City movie at Fox Studios. I watch a bevvy of tv and movie a and b listers prance about drinking cosmos, dressed to the nines and raving about the movie with envy wondering why I never get to go to fun events like that anymore.

Ed: wandering past towelling his hair. "Oh we could have gone to that last night. I had tickets."

Me: open mouthed.............speechless..............

Ed: looking scared...."I, err didn't think we did things like that anymore so I said no"

Me: ........................... mouth even wider............still speechless

Ed: "oops, was that wrong? Sorry......." Gets on bike and heads quickly to work.

Me: ............................... gaping..........................still speechless...four hours later....................

1 Comments:

Blogger T&M said...

Oh dear! It's bad enough when you're the only one in your immediate social circle with a baby and they forget you used to like a party or two. It's like you become invisible, as if you don't exist or have a life. But when it's your own partner, what can I say. Shame on you Ed, shame, shame, shame!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home